The ITKF Extraordinary General Meeting
On 17 August 2013 the ITKF Extraordinary General Meeting took place at the Japanese Martial Arts and Sports Centre „Dojo-Stara Wieś” in Stara Wieś (Poland).
By the decision of the General Meeting the ITKF headquarters will be moved to Geneva (Switzerland). The reorganized ITKF will be a non-governmental international organization (NGO) which will promote the Traditional Karate following the decision of the 101st Session of the International Olympic Committee and in accordance with the "ITKF Competition Rules". The ITKF will be a common platform organization for many schools and styles of Traditional Karate which are practiced worldwide.
The proposal to move the ITKF headquarters to Geneva (Switzerland) and the new ITKF Statute was approved by 28 following countries: Armenia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Lithuania, Moldova, Paraguay, Peru, Romania, Russia, Serbia, South Africa, Spain, Turkmenistan, United Kingdom, United States, Ukraine, Uruguay, Venezuela and Poland.
ITKF Transitional Executive Committee (TEC) was appointed until the time of the first elections which will be held on the occasion of the 2014 ITKF World Championship in Japan:
ITKF Transitional Executive Committee:
1. Mr. Włodzimierz Kwieciński (Poland) – Acting President
2. Mr. Nelson Carrion (Uruguay) – Acting Secretary
3. Mr. Mahmoud Tabassi (USA) – Acting Treasurer
4. Mr. Giedrius Dranevicius (Lithuania)
5. Mr. Robert Fusaro (USA)
6. Mr. Katsuya Ishiyama (Venezuela)
7. Mr. Radoslav Janus (Czech Republic)
8. Mr. Ilija Jorga (Serbia)
9. Mr. Paweł Krzywański (Poland)
10. Mr. Reinhard Lindner (Austria)
11. Mr. Andrzej Maciejewski (Poland)
12. Mr. Oswaldo Mendonça Junior (Brazil)
13. Mr. Marcos Moron (Peru)
14. Mr. Steve Nakada (Japan)
15. Mr. Eyal Nir (Israel)
16. Mr. Keibun Oura (Japan)
17. Mr. Avi Rokah (USA)
18. Mrs. Marta Stuparu (Romania)